What is LENS?
LENS stands for "Low Energy Neurofeedback System" and was developed by Len Ochs, Ph.D. in the early 1990's as a drug-free and highly effective method to enhance brain functioning and flexibility. In the over 20 years since its introduction it has helped hundreds of thousands of individuals decrease anxiety, increase and improve attention and concentration, reduce depression, increase overall energy, and enhance creativity and the ability to be present.
“LENS is like a reset button that unlocks the brain for optimum functioning. Neuroscientists believe that the brain’s defenses against stressors and trauma create neural gridlock. The Low Energy Neurofeedback System works around these blockages addressing the brain in its own electromagnetic language. LENS allows the brain to “reboot,” restoring optimal functioning.”
— David Dubin, MD
Who Can Benefit from LENS?
Children, teens and adults who experience:
- ADD/ADHD--LENS decreases distractibility and impulsivity, and increases focus and the ability to concentrate. Life becomes much easier and manageable and less of a struggle.
- Anxiety--LENS powerfully decreases anxiety and the tendency to worry. It helps you to live life with less fear and with a greatly improved ability to relax, to better handle stress, and to face challenges with a sense of calm and resilience.
- OCD, Autism, Aspergers, Tics--LENS can help reduce or eliminate OCD, increase social awareness and sensitivity in individuals with Autism and Aspergers, and to reduce or eliminate the tendency in individuals with tics.
- Depression--LENS can help with Depression, sometimes even when it has been resistant to other types of treatments. It can increase energy, focus, brighten mood and outlook, and help begin to restore a sense of hope and healing.
- Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Multiple or Environmental Sensitivities--LENS helps with increasing energy, decreasing fatigue and pain, restoring mental clarity and enhancing memory.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Concussion--In mild and moderate TBI, LENS has helped improve concentration, focus, memory, energy, clarity, and the ability to multitask.
- Addictions/Substance Abuse-- Since LENS effectively helps with Depression, anxiety, and impulse control, it supports your attempts to break free of substance dependence and addiction.
- Athletes and anyone who desires Performance Enhancement-- The LENS supports and enhances optimal and peak performance in sports, as well as in most areas of life.
LENS also works very well for your Pets
Dogs, cats, and horses with anxiety, seizures, and other mental/emotional problems. LENS effectively reduces anxiety, fears, depression, and reactivity, while also improving outcomes for concussions and potentially reducing frequency and severity of seizures.